Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Summer Reading

Just when I think that I’m finally free from the bonds of required reading and headed to a blissful two months of no productivity, I get my summer assignments.

Every year, when I receive this fateful list, I rush to Amazon.com, determined to make this the summer that I actually finish the books before the last three days of summer. For the past three summers, I’ve started out with one goal: to start my essays in mid-July and finish nice and early before August even starts. I’ve written out reading schedules, told my parents to keep me accountable, even promised myself rewards for finishing early. Somehow as I lay on the beach and work on my tan, school sinks lower on my to-do list.  It resurfaces a few weels later with the panic of “oh my gosh I have five days to read three novels and 8 chapters in my AP Art History textbook.” So will this, my last summer as a highschooler, be any different? Probably not. But hey, a girl can dream.

Does anyone else have this problem? How did you overcome it

No comments:

Post a Comment