- Finish homework as soon as possible. Really. Think about it: the sooner you get it done, the sooner you can go and waste the rest of your afternoon on facebook. I also find, that completing homework before dinner is better, because afterwards, you tend to feel more lazy and sleepy.
- Break it up. Break your homework up into small, bearable sections. Do NOT go in order of your classes; instead divide it by priority (this is where an agenda or planner comes in handy). Think: What is due tomorrow? Which test comes sooner? That way, if you run out of time to do everything on your list, you will have the peace of mind that the important things are already done.
- Make it enjoyable. So, I'm not saying it will be laugh out loud enjoyable, but it will make it a little bit more bearable. Listen to some music, have a little snack to keep you awake, and take a break every 30 minutes or so. Homework is not supposed to be torture...
- Use the computer wisely. If you facebook status says "studying", you're probably not studying. It's so easy to get distracted while you're on the computer. If you are using it for research, have the will power to stay on those sites only, instead of facebook and email. I can say from personal experience that the computer can sap up hours of time without you noticing.
- Be comfortable. This does not mean doing your homework on the living room couch. If you have a desk in your room, that's perfect, but if you feel too distracted by your tv, computer, phone, etc., sit at your dining room table. Your chair should be comfortable enough to sit for long hours, but not comfortable enough to put you asleep. Keep the place well lighted, (natural light works best, but, we're usually doing our homework at a much later time), and free from unnecessary distractions.
Sunday, September 26, 2010
How to get Homework Done Quickly and Efficiently
Let's face it. Homework stinks. We all hate it with a passion. We often wonder why it's even assigned. And we most definitely don't like completing it. Here are some tips to make the pain go away quickly, and maybe make it bearable.